Integrating live chat with your CRM can be a game-changer for your business. It can help you provide better customer service, increase sales, and improve customer satisfaction. However, the word "integration" can be interpreted in a variety of ways. Here we explore examples of what an effective integration should be and what benefits you can expect.
Integrating live chat with your CRM can have a number of benefits for your business. Here are a few ways a properly executed integration with live chat such as Velaro’s should function:
- Allow live chat agents to seamlessly access the CRM and support ticketing system with a single log-in and within the live chat platform.
- Let live chat agents to create new contacts and support tickets directly from the live chat agent workspace.
- Enable live chat agents to search existing CRM records, accounts, contacts, and support tickets directly from the engagement panel as chat as occurring.
- Give agents the ability to transfer data and chat transcripts automatically (time and date stamped) directly into the CRM record, avoiding manual data entry and increasing productivity.
The following are examples of not so “great” integrations that lack efficiency and provide a disadvantage to agents when trying to offer excellent customer service:
- Agents have to click a URL within the live chat agent interface to access the log-in page for the CRM or support ticketing system. This separate link takes them to a separate workspace, which could be a different browser window or app, creating a distraction that takes them away from engaging with the customer during an active live chat sessions.
- Agents must then log into the CRM or support ticketing system even though they are already logged into their live chat software interface.
- Agents have to cut or copy information in their live chat system interface and then paste it into the proper fields in the CRM or support ticketing system, increasing tasks and time that could be instead used to tend to the customer needs.
In order to maximize your team’s efficiency, make sure that the live chat solution you pick has the tools to make a live chat and CRM system integration flawless, empowering your agents to perform all the tasks a CRM system offers within the same place engagements are happening. No extra effort to log in on separate windows, no confusion when navigating between different browser windows, and no diversion or disruption while actively engaging with your customers.