Take your live chat to the next level by harnessing the power of Microsoft Dynamics.
By integrating Dynamics into your Velaro account, you’re granting users the ability to search for and create records within their Dynamics account.
What happens after a chat? That’s up to you. Velaro can post transcripts to Dynamics as well so your records always have all the details!
Sweet, right? Let’s get started!
To start the setup, log into Velaro with an administrative user and navigate to the Account Setup > Account > Integrations tab. Find the Microsoft Dynamics card and select install.
First input your Dynamics Resource URL. This should be the primary URL you see when logged into your Dynamics account; e.g. https://[company].crm.dynamics.com/. Next we’ll need your Discovery Source URL. Log into your Dynamics account with a user who can access the Settings > Customization > Developer Resources section. Copy the Discovery Resource URL and set it on the appropriate field in Velaro.
**If your Dynamics account utilizes multitenant setup, then you’ll also need to include your account’s Unique Name which can also be found in the Developer Resources section. **
Now enter your Dynamics username and password, and select Connect. Now that you’re connected, you should see your Dynamics account number and a few global options:
- Require users to select a CRM record per engagement – If enabled this will require a CRM record to be selected for every chat that occurs. This means your users will always have to search for or create a record when a chat occurs.
- Require users to save their transcripts to the CRM record per engagement – If enabled this will require the chat transcript to be posted to Dynamics. Agents will not be able disable this.
Mapping record types
Velaro lets you select what record types should be used in the integration, and even what fields you want to be accessible. To map out a record type, select the + Record Type button.
Velaro supports Dynamics’ record types for Leads, Contacts, Accounts, and Tickets. To specify the type of record you need defined, just select it from the first drop down. The record name is displayed to agents when they’re selecting what record type to create.
The next step in creating a record in Velaro is to define the fields that go along with it. Simply select the empty Field drop down in your table. This will open up a list of all fields that belong to that record type.
The rest of the columns in the table pertain to how Velaro handles the field.
- Linked to – This allows you to link a field value to data within Velaro. Select this and you’ll be prompted to choose from Velaro’s visitor monitoring data or from the pre-chat survey. Linking data to fields helps your agents by cutting out some of what they need to enter while creating records.
- Create – Enabling this means this field is needed to create the record. It will be displayed to the Agent when they create a new record.
- Used for searching – This enables you to search Dynamics based on certain fields. We recommend selecting fields that have unique values such as Email or Company name so that your agents get accurate results.
- Show when selected – This enables you to choose what is shown to Agents when they have a record selected either by searching or creating.
- Control – Select what type of input should be used when creating or editing this field. Dynamics supports some custom types such as the Company lookup, which are listed as their own Control type. If you select a list, you’ll also see a pencil icon which allows you to define the contents of the list.
- Default value – If using a list, you can define the default value here.
Using the Dynamics Integration
Now we’re ready to rock’n’roll in chat. Your agents now have access to the Dynamics integration while in a chat. To access select Microsoft Dynamics from the drop down at the top of your right engagement panel.
Your agents will be prompted to log into Dynamics. Agents can search Dynamics directly in the main section.
If your agent is already signed into Dynamics through Velaro, when a new chat comes in we’ll automatically search for them based on any linked data you selected.
Or they can select the New button on the bottom right and create a new record.
Both my FirstName and Email fields were prefilled since the field mappings were linked to Velaro’s data.
Once you create a record or select one by searching, the record will be considered selected for the chat.