Velaro is an award-winning live chat SaaS vendor and was one of the first technology companies to enter the live chat space more than a decade ago.
Today, Velaro is the choice for some of the world’s largest online retailers, healthcare, financial and educational organizations in need of a secure, reliable, performance-oriented live chat solution. Our clients use our application to boost online sales conversions, improve customer service productivity, and enhance customer satisfaction.
About the Role
Leveraging your industry expertise and your regular contact with customers, prospects, analysts, and the Velaro Team, you will help to develop new product ideas to improve new client acquisition and retention. You must possess a unique combination of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. This will require that you enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems and to identify innovative solutions to addressing these problems.
You must be able to effectively communicate with all areas of the company. This includes working with the software development team to define product requirements as well as working with the marketing department to develop appropriate messaging, marketing collateral and sales tools that effectively communicate key feature benefits and competitive differentiation.
- Manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Specify market requirements for current and future product features and functionality by leveraging external market research supported through on-going communication with both customers and prospects.
- Drive enthusiasm for the solution set across the organization (primarily software development, marketing, and sales). You must be a product evangelist and cheerleader.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan and work with all departments in executing the plan.
- Work with marketing to develop sales tools that aid sales in communicating product benefits and competitive differentiation.
- Oversee product usability testing.
- Determine product pricing by utilizing market research data; understanding sales costs; anticipating sales volume; and considering potential sales discounts
- Live and breath free trial and product usage statistics to continually devise improvements to the user experience that encourages purchase and product stickiness.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- 3+ years of software marketing/product management experience
- Technically knowledgeable
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or related work experience is a strong plus
- Ability to travel as needed
- Silicon Valley like software company environment that just happens to be located in Baltimore, MD.
- No job too big or too small for anyone in the company. That means you’ll even find our founder doing the most menial tasks if needed.
- We aren’t afraid to make mistakes. But we also move quickly to learn from them, make improvements, and move forward.
- We’re passionate about the company and our clients and sometimes conversations turn into heated debates – but in the end we all have mutual respect for each other and no one ever holds a grudge.
- And, after our passionate debates, we take advantage of the best parts of our culture – we have beer in the office! We also have some wine for those with a more refined palate.
Why Join Velaro?
- We’re profitable
- Our client base includes companies like Comcast, Pfizer, Humana, University of Maryland and LG Electronics
- We’re independent, Velaro has never taken any venture capital so we call all the shots
- There are lots of funny, passionate people working here from diverse backgrounds and we all get along really well
- You can work from anywhere – but would love for you to come to Baltimore and hang out once in a while.
- We provide comprehensive healthcare for medical, dental and vision
- Oh, and don’t forget the beer